FAQ for HITS
What is the procedure for drop off and pick up?
Upon enrollment, we require the parents to fill out a pickup form which will allow you to write more than two people who may pick your child up. In case of any changes, or if you require your child to be picked up by someone who is not on the pickup form, please inform the Admin Manager via Whatsapp or written communication the details of that person. This is to ensure your child is safe and also, we do not allow unrecognizable faces to enter the school for security reasons.
How many teachers will be present during HITS?
Our HITS program will have a minimum of 2 teachers at all times. If we have more than 10 children, the number of teachers will also increase accordingly. We keep a small ratio of 1 teacher to every 5 children.
What kind of food will be provided?
The lunch & snacks provided by The Junior Academy will be home cooked, healthy meals.
Please note that we serve:
- Only brown/black rice mixed with white rice
- Brown sugar/sea salt
- Bread with wheat germ
- Fruit (apple/banana/papaya/honey dew, etc) is served during lunch or tea time
- Chopped small sized pieces of meat/vegetables for children
- Halal food – chicken, ingredient, etc
What time is their lunch & tea time?
- Lunch will be at 12 30 pm and Tea time is at 3 pm. We are no pork & no peanut school.
- Lunch & Tea Time will be provided for children enrolled in TJA Program & HITS.
- Only tea time will be served for children in HITS.
Are there late fees if I pick my child up after 6 pm?
HITS children who leave late (after 6.00 pm) will be charged according to the rates below:
- 6.00 – 6.30 pm – RM 10.00 per child
- 6.30 – 7.00 pm – RM 15.00 per child
- 7.00 – 7.30 pm – RM 20.00 per child
Are there additional fees if I send my child before 2 pm?
Non TJA children who come early (before 2.00 pm) will be charged according to the rate below:
- 1.30 – 2.00 pm – RM 10.00 per child
- 1.00 – 1.30 pm – RM 15.00 per child
- 12.30 – 1.00 pm – RM 20.00 per child
* For charges in points 5 & 6, late and early fees will be invoiced at the end of each month. Payment must be paid within 7 days of invoice.
What should I bring when I send my child to school?
Parents are advised to supply diapers, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste & plastic mug and spare set of clothes and bath towel for drying after wash and changing. Teachers will encourage the children to brush their teeth after tea time.
- No adults are allowed to be behind closed doors with any child. A female teacher or teacher assistant is required to help clean a child up in the restroom.
- Parents are to complete all relevant documents for HITS before starting the program. These include emergency contacts, medical, indemnity, insurance and other permission forms.